Home Archives Profile For Spectators For New Umpires John Slider's YouTube Channel Wesley School of Divinity Virtual Church on YouTube ReStart Breckenridge Chapel
On Field Observations
The Kentucky Lacrosse Umpires Board has set training dates for umpires to be certified in accordance with USA Lacrosse requirements. The requirements and training dates are listed below and are not necessarily in order. All requirements must be met before certification and assignment to games through KLUB.
- Join or renew membership with USA Lacrosse (New Umpires inform the USAL State Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Receive the 2022 USAL Officials Training Manual from the USAL State Liaison
- Join or renew membership with Kentucky Lacrosse Umpires Board
- New Umpires attend one of the two New Umpires Orientation Sessions by ZOOM at 7pm on either Tuesday, 25 January, or Wednesday, 26 January
- All Umpires and Head Coaches attend one of the two in-person Rules Interpretation Clinics in Louisville at Sacred Heart Academy at 12:00 noon on Sunday, 30 January; or in Lexington at the Sayre School (main campus) at 10:00am on Saturday, 5 February.
- New Umpires and returning Umpires obtain a Rating at the Field Evaluation Event in Louisville at Sacred Heart Academy following the Rules Interpretation Clinic on Sunday, 30 January. A second opportunity to obtain a Rating will be available as needed on Saturday, 26 February, during the Woodford County Jamboree.
- Pass the NFHS/USAL rules test
- NCAA College Umpires holding at least a Transitional certification are automatically rated Level 3.
- No Umpire shall be assigned to games through the Kentucky Lacrosse Umpires Board unless that Umpire holds a USAL certification.
- New Umpires report joining USAL with membership number to the USAL State Liaison at email@example.com
The Kentucky Lacrosse Umpires Board (KLUB) is tasked by US Lacrosse to provide training that will lead to certification as a US Lacrosse Girls' Umpire in Kentucky. First, KLUB has provided new umpire orientation and all umpire training throuogh ZOOM meetings. These meetings have taken place, but the recordings of these meeting may be viewed here (please excuse the poor video and narration quality (coughing due to COVID):
If you wish to have the PowerPoint presentation files they are available here as well:
The US Lacrosse Girls' Umpires online training courses are being used this year for KLUB training. Umpires have until the end of the month to complete their specific track and pass the test. First or second year official will need to take the Level 1 Track. All others must take the Level 2/3 track. All Umpires will need to take the online rules course, the five or six courses included with each track, the HS as well as the Youth rules interpretations courses, and the 2021 Girls Youth and High School Rules Exam (only one exam). For most it has been nearly two years since any of us have had games so it is vital to watch and take in as much as you can.
If you have any issues with logging in or your courses the number to call at US Lacrosse is: 410-235-6882, x102 (member services).
Rating Day will be February 28 at Sacred Heart Academy in Louisville. Hopefully, KLUB will conduct ratings (field evaluations) on the two grass fields (the smaller Brescia grass fields used for Braveheart). If weather is an issue ratings (field evaluations) will be on the turf field. We are going to attempt to possibly have one field worked by a 3-person crew with the other one a 2-person crew.
For those taking the Level 2/3 track there is an online course on 3-person crew mechanics. Level 2 and Level 3 umpires must be familiar with 3 person crew mechanics, because these umpires will have the opportunity to attempt a Level 3 rating.
If anyone has any restrictions for February 28 let Chris Niblock (see contact information below) know ASAP!
- Go to USLacrosse.org.
- Log in
- Go to the hamburger in the upper left and pull that down.
- Go to eLearning
- That will take you to the eLearning site. There is a "rotating menu" across the top above the usual entries of "Catalogue" "Resume Courses" etc.
- On the rotating menu there is "Girls Lacrosse Officials" with a picture and lots of information. Click on that.
- This takes you to the Rules Exams.
- On the upper right hand corner there are some tags. Click on "#2021 ODPLearning"
- Then click on "Officials"
- Then click on "3 - Women's Game Officials"
- Then choose either Level 1 or Level 2/3 as instructed
US Lacrosse has assured KLUB that attendance reports for individual videos can be reported to KLUB. KLUB leadership will ask for this report.Here are the direct links - you still have to log in.
- The online rules course
- The learning courses for that track
- The annual rules interpretation videos
- The required exam (combined Girls Youth and High School Rules Exam)
IN ORDER TO BE CERTIFIED FOR THIS YEAR YOU MUST COMPLETE ALL OF THE TRAINING VIDEOS AND TAKE THE YOUTH/HS COMBINED TEST.
YOU MAY NEED TO RENEW YOUR RATING OR BE RATED FOR THE FIRST TIME. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
Need help? Contact ...
- Chris Niblock (502.295.8701) - USL Level 3 and College umpire; KSSL assignor; KLUB Training and Rating Coordinator; USL certified Trainer, Observer, and Assignor
- John Slider (502.548.9712 or 502.231.8118) USL Level 3 umpire; CL assignor; KY Officials Development Coordinator; USL Officials Education Development Team; USL certified Trainer, Observer, and Assignor
As we prepare for next year, the Kentucky Lacrosse Umpires Board needs to know if individual officials are returning for the 2021 season. KLUB respects whatever decision individual umpires make during these times.
Here is important training information for persons who will return to officiate:
- KLUB dues will not be collected for the 2021 season.
- ALL training, except for on-field ratings, will be done online. US Lacrosse’s Convention will be entirely online in 2021. The USL Convention (LAXCON) will be mandatory training and will be the only training available for those wanting to umpire in 2021. Your US Lacrosse membership must be current in order to attend/register for LAXCON. You may register on your own for $45 or KLUB will register you as part of a group and pay your registration fee ($35). If you wish to be a part of the KLUB group and NOT pay the registration fee, please insure that your USL membership is current and send your USL membership number to the training coordinator, Chris Niblock, not later that 28 December 2020. Once the sessions have been firmed up KLUB leadership will get back with everyone as to what sessions will be mandatory. USL will be able to provide lists of those who have watched online.
- There will not be a 2021 NFHS Girl’s lacrosse rulebook as last year’s will be used. There will, however, be a new test.
For now, individual umpires must communicate to Chris Niblock (firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding intentions for the 2021 season.
All Umpires will be hearing further from leadership regarding the pre-season training. KLUB understands that this is an unprecedented time and the waiving of the yearly fee ($55 for returning umpires) and the subsidizing of the USL LaxCon fees shows the commitment the Board has taken to helping everyone out and ensuring we are all prepared for whatever 2021 brings.
|18-Jan||Saturday||9:15 - 12:15||New Umpire - Louisville||Commonwealth Bank|
|19-Jan||Sunday||9:00 - 12:00||New Umpire - Lexington||Lexington Sayre|
|25-Jan||Saturday||9:00 - 1:00||All Umpire Rules - Lexington||Georgetown|
|26-Jan||Sunday||1:00 - 4:00||All Umpire Rules - Louisville||SHA|
|15-Feb||Saturday||9:00 - 1:00||All Umpire Rules + Business||Georgetown|
|22-Feb||Saturday||9:00 - 3:00||
|7-Mar||Saturday||TBD||Woodford County Jamboree||2 sites|
|8-Mar||Sunday||TBD||Woodford County Jamboree||2 sites|
- Download 2019 USL Youth Rulebook
- Download 2019 USL Officials Training Manual
- Download 2019 NFHS Rules Changes
- Download 2019 USL Rules Changes
- Download 2019 USL LAX Youth Exam Hard Copy
- Download USL Training Requirements
- Download PP1 Introduction and Professionalism
- Download PP2 Rule 1-3 2019
- Download PP3 Rule 4-6 2019
- Download PP4 Rule 7 Goal Circle
- Download PP5 Rule 8 Restraining Line
- Download PP6 Rule 9 Minor Fouls
- Download PP7 Rule 10 Major Fouls
- Download PP8 Rule 11 Slow Whistle
- Download PP9 Rule 12 Misconduct
- Download PP10 Three Person Positioning 2019
- Download PP11 Two Person Positioning 2019
- Download PP12 Mechanics and Signals
- Download PP13 ArbiterPay Walkthrough
- Download USL On-Field Rating Requirements
- Download USL Observer On Field Rating Checklist for Level 1 (Apprentice)
- Download USL Rating Form for Level 1 (Apprentice) - for first year umpires and juniors; does not provide a score
- Download USL Observer On Field Rating Checklist for Level 1
- Download USL Observer On Field Rating Checklist for Level 2
- Download USL Rating Form for Level 1&2
- Download USL Observer On Field Rating Checklist for Level 3
- Download USL Rating Form for Level 3
The USL Youth Rules Test and the NFHS Rules Test is now online. Please read the instructions. Directions for accessing tests:
- Go to ArbiterSports
- Log In
- Click on US Lacrosse Central Hub. This will take you to ...
- US Lacrosse Officials (or you may start here)
- Scroll down and click on the button "Officials Development Program"
- Scroll down and click on the button "Take a Test"
- At this point, you will need to sign on (User Name and Password)
- Click on "Catalog"
- Click on "Officials"
- Click on "Annual Rules Exam"
- Make certain that you take the two girls exams
There may be an easier path, but this is how I find it!