Access the league specific rules for the JCPS MS Metro League here:
8 November – New Umpire Orientation (Louisville)
4 December – New Umpire Orientation (Lexington)
7 January – King Louie MS and HS Indoor Leagues begin
?? January – New Umpire Orientation (Louisville)
?? January – New Umpire Orientation (Lexington)
?? January – Oldham County Y HS Indoor League begins
21 January – Rules Interpretation Clinic (Elizabethtown)
21 January – Level 1/2 Training (Elizabethtown)
29 January – Rules Interpretation Clinic (Louisville)
29 January – Level 1 / 2 Training (Louisville)
29 January – Level 2 / 3 Training (Louisville)
4/5 February – Rules Interpretation Clinic (Lexington)
4/5 February – Level 1 / 2 Training (Lexington)
15 February – HS Schedules and Fees submission to assignor deadline
15 February - Practices begin
26 February – Level 2 / 3 and Junior Field Evaluations (Louisville)
24-26 February – Level 1 / 2 and Junior Field Evaluations (Versailles)
24-26 February – Woodford Jamboree
1 March – KSLL and CL HS regular seasons begin
5 March – King Louie MS League begins
9 March – JCPS MS season begins
24-25 March – Christian Academy of Louisville Icebreaker
19-23 April – Sacred Heart Academy Braveheart
1-13 May – Commonwealth League Post Season
8-19 May – KSLL Post Season
This video is the recording of the Rules Interpretation Clinic for 2022 conducted via ZOOM on 5 February 2022 by the Kentucky Lacrosse Umpires Board (KLUB). Because of weather considerations the in-person clinic was moved to ZOOM.
The quality of the ZOOM video is not good. It is suggested that the 12 minute NFHS rules interpretation video found on the right sidebar be viewed after viewing the ZOOM video.
The following video and powerpoint is provided as a supplement for the in-person clinic presented by the Kentucky Lacrosse Umpires Board for umpires and coaches. The 2022 Girls Lacrosse Youth Rules and Q&A from LAXCON 2022 is also provided here: Download 2022 Girls-Youth Rules-Interp
The Kentucky Lacrosse Umpires Board has set training dates for umpires to be certified in accordance with USA Lacrosse requirements. The requirements and training dates are listed below and are not necessarily in order. All requirements must be met before certification and assignment to games through KLUB.
- Join or renew membership with USA Lacrosse (New Umpires inform the USAL State Liaison at [email protected]
- Receive the 2022 USAL Officials Training Manual from the USAL State Liaison
- Join or renew membership with Kentucky Lacrosse Umpires Board
- New Umpires attend one of the two New Umpires Orientation Sessions by ZOOM at 7pm on either Tuesday, 25 January, or Wednesday, 26 January
- All Umpires and Head Coaches attend one of the two in-person Rules Interpretation Clinics in Louisville at Sacred Heart Academy at 12:00 noon on Sunday, 30 January; or in Lexington at the Sayre School (main campus) at 10:00am on Saturday, 5 February.
- New Umpires and returning Umpires obtain a Rating at the Field Evaluation Event in Louisville at Sacred Heart Academy following the Rules Interpretation Clinic on Sunday, 30 January. A second opportunity to obtain a Rating will be available as needed on Saturday, 26 February, during the Woodford County Jamboree.
- Pass the NFHS/USAL rules test
- NCAA College Umpires holding at least a Transitional certification are automatically rated Level 3.
- No Umpire shall be assigned to games through the Kentucky Lacrosse Umpires Board unless that Umpire holds a USAL certification.
- New Umpires report joining USAL with membership number to the USAL State Liaison at [email protected]