Access the 2023 USA Lacrosse Women's Officials Training Manual: Download 2023 WOTM
This video is the recording of the Rules Interpretation Clinic for 2022 conducted via ZOOM on 5 February 2022 by the Kentucky Lacrosse Umpires Board (KLUB). Because of weather considerations the in-person clinic was moved to ZOOM.
The quality of the ZOOM video is not good. It is suggested that the 12 minute NFHS rules interpretation video found on the right sidebar be viewed after viewing the ZOOM video.
- Boundary Ball: Download Boundary FAQs
- Free Movement: Download Free Movement FAQs
- Penalty Zone: Download Penalty Zone FAQs
- Self-Start: Download Self Start FAQS
Here are links for some additional resources to help explain the game of Girls Lacrosse:
The USA Lacrosse 2022 Women's Game Officials Training Manual is required reading for officials and highly recommended reading for coaches. The manual is now available using this link: Download 2022 USAL Womens Game Officials Training Manual
The USA Lacrosse Women's Game Officials Training Manual is required reading for officials and highly recommended reading for coaches. While awaiting the release of the 2022 Manual the 2020 Manual may be used. The document is provided here: Download 2020 USL Officials Training Manual
It is recommended that this large document not be printed, but downloaded to a file on a computer.
The Kentucky Lacrosse Umpires Board has set training dates for umpires to be certified in accordance with USA Lacrosse requirements. The requirements and training dates are listed below and are not necessarily in order. All requirements must be met before certification and assignment to games through KLUB.
- Join or renew membership with USA Lacrosse (New Umpires inform the USAL State Liaison at [email protected]
- Receive the 2022 USAL Officials Training Manual from the USAL State Liaison
- Join or renew membership with Kentucky Lacrosse Umpires Board
- New Umpires attend one of the two New Umpires Orientation Sessions by ZOOM at 7pm on either Tuesday, 25 January, or Wednesday, 26 January
- All Umpires and Head Coaches attend one of the two in-person Rules Interpretation Clinics in Louisville at Sacred Heart Academy at 12:00 noon on Sunday, 30 January; or in Lexington at the Sayre School (main campus) at 10:00am on Saturday, 5 February.
- New Umpires and returning Umpires obtain a Rating at the Field Evaluation Event in Louisville at Sacred Heart Academy following the Rules Interpretation Clinic on Sunday, 30 January. A second opportunity to obtain a Rating will be available as needed on Saturday, 26 February, during the Woodford County Jamboree.
- Pass the NFHS/USAL rules test
- NCAA College Umpires holding at least a Transitional certification are automatically rated Level 3.
- No Umpire shall be assigned to games through the Kentucky Lacrosse Umpires Board unless that Umpire holds a USAL certification.
- New Umpires report joining USAL with membership number to the USAL State Liaison at [email protected]
You may download these charts for easy reference to carding protocols. Download Card Administration Tree
- Download 2019 USL Youth Rulebook
- Download 2019 USL Officials Training Manual
- Download 2019 NFHS Rules Changes
- Download 2019 USL Rules Changes
- Download 2019 USL LAX Youth Exam Hard Copy
- Download USL Training Requirements
- Download PP1 Introduction and Professionalism
- Download PP2 Rule 1-3 2019
- Download PP3 Rule 4-6 2019
- Download PP4 Rule 7 Goal Circle
- Download PP5 Rule 8 Restraining Line
- Download PP6 Rule 9 Minor Fouls
- Download PP7 Rule 10 Major Fouls
- Download PP8 Rule 11 Slow Whistle
- Download PP9 Rule 12 Misconduct
- Download PP10 Three Person Positioning 2019
- Download PP11 Two Person Positioning 2019
- Download PP12 Mechanics and Signals
- Download PP13 ArbiterPay Walkthrough
- Download USL On-Field Rating Requirements
- Download USL Observer On Field Rating Checklist for Level 1 (Apprentice)
- Download USL Rating Form for Level 1 (Apprentice) - for first year umpires and juniors; does not provide a score
- Download USL Observer On Field Rating Checklist for Level 1
- Download USL Observer On Field Rating Checklist for Level 2
- Download USL Rating Form for Level 1&2
- Download USL Observer On Field Rating Checklist for Level 3
- Download USL Rating Form for Level 3
The USL Youth Rules Test and the NFHS Rules Test is now online. Please read the instructions. Directions for accessing tests:
- Go to ArbiterSports
- Log In
- Click on US Lacrosse Central Hub. This will take you to ...
- US Lacrosse Officials (or you may start here)
- Scroll down and click on the button "Officials Development Program"
- Scroll down and click on the button "Take a Test"
- At this point, you will need to sign on (User Name and Password)
- Click on "Catalog"
- Click on "Officials"
- Click on "Annual Rules Exam"
- Make certain that you take the two girls exams
There may be an easier path, but this is how I find it!