Home Archives Profile For Spectators For New Umpires John Slider's YouTube Channel Wesley School of Divinity Virtual Church on YouTube ReStart Breckenridge Chapel
Kentucky Lacrosse Umpires Board
2020 NFHS Girls' Rules Interpretation Video
NFHS Girls' Rules Changes Webinar - 2020
2020 Youth Girls’ Rules Interpretations
Girls’ & Women’s Headgear Info
US Lacrosse Stick Check Video
A Closer Look at Shooting Space
Legal and Illegal Contact
Game Management Webinar
Preparing for Playoffs - Three Person System Review
Murphy's Laws for Sports Officials
|18-Jan||Saturday||New Umpire - Louisville|
|19-Jan||Sunday||9:00 - 12:00||New Umpire - Lexington||Sayre|
|25-Jan||Saturday||9:00 - 1:00||All Umpire Rules - Lexington||Georgetown|
|26-Jan||Sunday||1:00 - 4:00||All Umpire Rules - Louisville||SHA|
|15-Feb||Saturday||9:00 - 1:00||All Umpire Rules and Business||Georgetown|
|22-Feb||Saturday||Rating Louisville - L1+||???|
|22-Feb||Saturday||9:00 - 3:00||Rating Lexington - All||Georgetown|
|29-Feb||Saturday||Rating Louisville - New||???|
The structure for US Lacrosse Women's Game Officials Development may seem complex to many. Here is an organizational chart based on a resource from US Lacrosse and including leadership for the game in Kentucky:
Officiating is a great way to stay actively involved in the game and enjoy great camaraderie. It is also ideal for persons who have not played Lacrosse, but who want to be involved with the development of young persons through a growing sport. The officiating community is the “third team” on the field and through officiating you can develop friendships and connections with others committed to the game.
For more information go to "Become an Official: at the US Lacrosse site: CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION
You may complete a brief form that will go directly to the State Coordinator for Officials Development, who will in turn contact you and pass your interest on to the recruiting coordinator for state's local officials organization: CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE THE BRIEF FORM
We look forward to YOU becoming a part of the "Third Team on the Field."
Beginning on August 5th, US Lacrosse will be providing adult officials, as members of US Lacrosse, an option to voluntarily complete a background check through NCSI. The background check is provided at no cost to the member.
Currently, KLUB does not require a background check for its members, but USL is moving toward requiring USL certified or registered umpires to complete this check.
This offer is a great opportunity for individuals to get ahead of the trend and to save anywhere from $20 to $75 (depending on a person’s state of residence).
Currenlty USL is exploring the feasibility of making background checks a mandatory requirement for officials. It is already a requirement for coaches and for umpires who seek certification as trainers, observers/raters, or assigners).
For more information on the background check policy please go to: https://uslacrosse.org/safety/safesport.
You may also contact the Coordinator for Officials Development, John Slider, with questions or comments you may have.
The Kentucky Lacrosse Umpires Board (KLUB) has set the tentative umpire training dates for the upcoming 2020 outdoor season. With the rule changes that will become official after the US Lacrosse Conference in January 2020, training will very important.
Please notice that the dates are tentative at this time.
The training schedule reflects KLUB adherence to the US Lacrosse requirements for training.
- 18 and 19 January 2020 - New Umpire Training. This session is usually 3-4 hours. The two dates reflect two options in Louisville and Lexington. Only one session is required.
- 25 January 2020 - All Umpire Training (Lexington).
- 1 February 2020 - All Umpire Training (Louisville). All Umpires should be attend either the Lexington or Louisville session.
- 15 February 2020 - All Umpire KLUB rules interpretation clinic and business meeting. This session will be held at a site between Louisville and Lexington.
- 22 February 2020 - Training and Rating Day (Louisville) with High School teams for returning Level 1 and above.
- 29 February 2020 - Training and Rating Day (Louisville) with Middle School teams for new umpires.
- TBA - Training and Rating Day (Lexington)
Renewal dates are:
- US Lacrosse Membership - renew by 1 October 2019. If you are working games in the off season, your USL membership provides both injury and liability insurance. If your membership has lapsed, so has your insurance.
- KLUB Membership - renew by 29 February 2020. Assignors do not assign persons to games who do not have current USL and KLUB membership.
- It is recommended that New Umpires join USL prior to orientation and clinics. USL membership provides rule books and access to tests.
- Access to Arbiter is at no cost to umpires. New Umpires will need to be invited to join both Arbiter accounts by the assignors.
Dates for tests are set by USL. Two tests are required for assignment to games by KLUB:
- NFHS High School test
- USL Youth test