Home Archives Profile For Spectators For New Umpires John Slider's YouTube Channel Wesley School of Divinity Virtual Church on YouTube ReStart Breckenridge Chapel
You may download these charts for easy reference to carding protocols. Download Card Administration Tree
You may download the up-to-date rules for all High School and Middle School girls Lacrosse leagues and levels in Louisville, Kentucky, here. These leagues and levels include High School Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Freshmen; JCPS Middle School Varsity, Junior Varsity, and MS6, and King Louie Middle School.
- Download 2019 USL Youth Rulebook
- Download 2019 USL Officials Training Manual
- Download 2019 NFHS Rules Changes
- Download 2019 USL Rules Changes
- Download 2019 USL LAX Youth Exam Hard Copy
- Download USL Training Requirements
- Download PP1 Introduction and Professionalism
- Download PP2 Rule 1-3 2019
- Download PP3 Rule 4-6 2019
- Download PP4 Rule 7 Goal Circle
- Download PP5 Rule 8 Restraining Line
- Download PP6 Rule 9 Minor Fouls
- Download PP7 Rule 10 Major Fouls
- Download PP8 Rule 11 Slow Whistle
- Download PP9 Rule 12 Misconduct
- Download PP10 Three Person Positioning 2019
- Download PP11 Two Person Positioning 2019
- Download PP12 Mechanics and Signals
- Download PP13 ArbiterPay Walkthrough
- Download USL On-Field Rating Requirements
- Download USL Observer On Field Rating Checklist for Level 1 (Apprentice)
- Download USL Rating Form for Level 1 (Apprentice) - for first year umpires and juniors; does not provide a score
- Download USL Observer On Field Rating Checklist for Level 1
- Download USL Observer On Field Rating Checklist for Level 2
- Download USL Rating Form for Level 1&2
- Download USL Observer On Field Rating Checklist for Level 3
- Download USL Rating Form for Level 3
The USL Youth Rules Test and the NFHS Rules Test is now online. Please read the instructions. Directions for accessing tests:
- Go to ArbiterSports
- Log In
- Click on US Lacrosse Central Hub. This will take you to ...
- US Lacrosse Officials (or you may start here)
- Scroll down and click on the button "Officials Development Program"
- Scroll down and click on the button "Take a Test"
- At this point, you will need to sign on (User Name and Password)
- Click on "Catalog"
- Click on "Officials"
- Click on "Annual Rules Exam"
- Make certain that you take the two girls exams
There may be an easier path, but this is how I find it!
There are some significant rules changes coming for Girls Lacrosse in 2019. For an overview of the changes from US Lacrosse and the National Federation of High Schools (NFHS), please follow these links:
SliderLAX has produced a comprehensive training process designed to produce a consistent "product" on the field by Girls' Lacrosse Umpires.
The promotional video is available below. Manuals, Powerpoint Presentations, and Videos are available on this website.
Signals for Minor Fouls (4 minutes)
Signals for Major Fouls (4 minutes)
Signals for Violations (2 and 1/2 minutes)
Signals for Game Management (2 and 1/2 minutes)
Signals for Crew Communication (2 minutes)
The 2018 Kentucky Scholastic Lacrosse Leaague Girls Lacrosse State Championship Game was held on Thursday, May 17, at Assumption Green. Kentucky Country Day School defeated Sacred Heart Academy to repeat as KSLL champions.
The season ended with the following schools as the top five ranked programs according to LAXPower RPI rankings:
- Eastern High School, Louisville, Kentucky (KSLL) 21-4, .6776 RPI (90th nationally)
- Kentucky Country Day School, Louisville, Kentucky (KSLL) 21-5, .6730 RPI (100th nationally)
- Sacred Heart Academy, Louisville, Kentucky (KSLL) 23-4, .6539 RPI (164th nationally)
- Mercy Academy, Louisville, Kentucky (KSLL)
- Woodford County Club Team, Versailles, Kentucky (CL)
- Notre Dame Academy, Covington, Kentucky, (KSLL)
- duPont Manual High School, Louisville, Kentucky (KSLL)
- Ballard High School, Louisville, Kentucky (KSLL)
- South Oldham High School, Crestwood, Kentucky (KSLL)
- Louisville Collegiate School, Louisville, Kentucky (KSLL)
The final four teams are set for the KSLL Championship. The semi-finals are to be held on Tuesday, May 15, 2018, at the Assumption Green Athletic Field starting at 5:30pm. The winners of these two games will meet on Thursday, May 17, 2018, also at Assumption Green at 6pm for the championship game.
One semi-final is Mercy Academy (KSLL District 2 Runner-Up with an 8-5 record)* v. Kentucky Country Day School (District 3 Champion, 19-5). The other semi-final is Eastern High School (District 3 Runner-Up, 21-3) v. Sacred Heart Academy (District 2 Champion, 22-3).
The final four teams are also the top four teams ranked by RPI in the state.
- Eastern High School - .6904 RPI, #62 in the nation**
- Kentucky Country Day School - .6635 RPI, #129 in the nation
- Sacred Heart Academy - .6500 RPI, #177 in the nation
- Mercy Academy - .6046 RPI, #418 in the nation
Notes: * All statistics are from LAXPower. **There are 3,454 High School Girls Lacrosse teams in the nation ranked by LAXPower.
As of 30 April 2018 the following teams are the top five of the 32 teams in Kentucky based on the LaxPower RPI:
- Eastern High School (ranked 51st nationally)
- Sacred Heart Academy
- Kentucky Country Day School
- Louisville Collegiate School
- South Oldham High School
Teams in Kentucky are organized into two conferences or leagues, or they are independent. These groupings are ranked by average RPI as follows:
- Kentucky Scholastic Lacrosse League (17 teams) - average RPI of .5336
- Independent (6 teams) - average RPI of .4483
- Commonwealth League (9 teams) - average RPI of .4363
The KSSL teams are further organized into districts. So the "conferences" within Kentucky are ranked as follows:
- KSLL District 3 - average RPI of .5704 - teams in eastern Jefferson County and Shelby County
- KSLL District 4 - average RPI of .5326 - teams in Oldham County and Kenton County
- KSLL District 2 - average RPI of .5312 - teams in southeastern Jefferson County
- KSLL District 1 - average RPI of .5022 - teams in central Jefferson County
- Independent - average RPI of .4483 - some teams in and around Lexington, one team in Bowling Green, one team in Louisville
- CL - average RPI of .4363 - some teams in and around Lexington, one team in Elizabethtown, one team in Northern Kentucky