The Kentucky Lacrosse Umpires Board (KLUB) has set the tentative umpire training dates for the upcoming 2020 outdoor season. With the rule changes that will become official after the US Lacrosse Conference in January 2020, training will very important.
Please notice that the dates are tentative at this time.
The training schedule reflects KLUB adherence to the US Lacrosse requirements for training.
- 18 and 19 January 2020 - New Umpire Training. This session is usually 3-4 hours. The two dates reflect two options in Louisville and Lexington. Only one session is required.
- 25 January 2020 - All Umpire Training (Lexington).
- 1 February 2020 - All Umpire Training (Louisville). All Umpires should be attend either the Lexington or Louisville session.
- 15 February 2020 - All Umpire KLUB rules interpretation clinic and business meeting. This session will be held at a site between Louisville and Lexington.
- 22 February 2020 - Training and Rating Day (Louisville) with High School teams for returning Level 1 and above.
- 29 February 2020 - Training and Rating Day (Louisville) with Middle School teams for new umpires.
- TBA - Training and Rating Day (Lexington)
Renewal dates are:
- US Lacrosse Membership - renew by 1 October 2019. If you are working games in the off season, your USL membership provides both injury and liability insurance. If your membership has lapsed, so has your insurance.
- KLUB Membership - renew by 29 February 2020. Assignors do not assign persons to games who do not have current USL and KLUB membership.
- It is recommended that New Umpires join USL prior to orientation and clinics. USL membership provides rule books and access to tests.
- Access to Arbiter is at no cost to umpires. New Umpires will need to be invited to join both Arbiter accounts by the assignors.
Dates for tests are set by USL. Two tests are required for assignment to games by KLUB:
- NFHS High School test
- USL Youth test