Home Archives Profile For Spectators For New Umpires John Slider's YouTube Channel Wesley School of Divinity Virtual Church on YouTube ReStart Breckenridge Chapel
Welcome to SliderLAX - an unofficial resource for information about Girls' Lacrosse in Kentucky for Umpires, Spectators, Coaches, and Players.
You will be prompted to log in with your membership to the USA Lacrosse site.
This video is the recording of the Rules Interpretation Clinic for 2022 conducted via ZOOM on 5 February 2022 by the Kentucky Lacrosse Umpires Board (KLUB). Because of weather considerations the in-person clinic was moved to ZOOM.
The quality of the ZOOM video is not good. It is suggested that the 12 minute NFHS rules interpretation video found on the right sidebar be viewed after viewing the ZOOM video.
- Boundary Ball: Download Boundary FAQs
- Free Movement: Download Free Movement FAQs
- Penalty Zone: Download Penalty Zone FAQs
- Self-Start: Download Self Start FAQS
Here are links for some additional resources to help explain the game of Girls Lacrosse:
The USA Lacrosse 2022 Women's Game Officials Training Manual is required reading for officials and highly recommended reading for coaches. The manual is now available using this link: Download 2022 USAL Womens Game Officials Training Manual
The USA Lacrosse Women's Game Officials Training Manual is required reading for officials and highly recommended reading for coaches. While awaiting the release of the 2022 Manual the 2020 Manual may be used. The document is provided here: Download 2020 USL Officials Training Manual
It is recommended that this large document not be printed, but downloaded to a file on a computer.
The following video and powerpoint is provided as a supplement for the in-person clinic presented by the Kentucky Lacrosse Umpires Board for umpires and coaches. The 2022 Girls Lacrosse Youth Rules and Q&A from LAXCON 2022 is also provided here: Download 2022 Girls-Youth Rules-Interp
The following video and powerpoint is provided as a supplement for the in-person clinic presented by the Kentucky Lacrosse Umpires Board for umpires and coaches. The 2022 Girls Lacrosse Rules and Q&A from LAXCON 2022 is also provided here: Download 2022-Girls-NFHS-Rules-Interp
The Kentucky Lacrosse Umpires Board has set training dates for umpires to be certified in accordance with USA Lacrosse requirements. The requirements and training dates are listed below and are not necessarily in order. All requirements must be met before certification and assignment to games through KLUB.
- Join or renew membership with USA Lacrosse (New Umpires inform the USAL State Liaison at email@example.com
- Receive the 2022 USAL Officials Training Manual from the USAL State Liaison
- Join or renew membership with Kentucky Lacrosse Umpires Board
- New Umpires attend one of the two New Umpires Orientation Sessions by ZOOM at 7pm on either Tuesday, 25 January, or Wednesday, 26 January
- All Umpires and Head Coaches attend one of the two in-person Rules Interpretation Clinics in Louisville at Sacred Heart Academy at 12:00 noon on Sunday, 30 January; or in Lexington at the Sayre School (main campus) at 10:00am on Saturday, 5 February.
- New Umpires and returning Umpires obtain a Rating at the Field Evaluation Event in Louisville at Sacred Heart Academy following the Rules Interpretation Clinic on Sunday, 30 January. A second opportunity to obtain a Rating will be available as needed on Saturday, 26 February, during the Woodford County Jamboree.
- Pass the NFHS/USAL rules test
- NCAA College Umpires holding at least a Transitional certification are automatically rated Level 3.
- No Umpire shall be assigned to games through the Kentucky Lacrosse Umpires Board unless that Umpire holds a USAL certification.
- New Umpires report joining USAL with membership number to the USAL State Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is the post of the recording ZOOM meeting of the Commonwealth League Coaches, Commissioner, and Assignor on 16 December 2022. The meeting is required viewing by all coaches.